Parish Council Meeting- 12th September:
- The newly elected Daventry District Councillor for our area, Bryn Aldridge, came along to the meeting to introduce himself.
- The Council agreed to have the north side of the cemetery fenced with rabbit proof fencing as soon as could be arranged. Once this has been done, a contractor will be employed to ensure the rabbits in the cemetery are destroyed. The groundworks needed in the cemetery will then be completed.
- Progress is being made on the application to put yellow lines on the corner of Church Lane/Main Street.
- Gates at all four of the village entrances have been approved and are due to be actioned by Highways this year. Also regarding trying to reduce speeding: there will be a police presence in the village in the near future.
- Dog walkers have been requested to keep dogs on leads when crossing fields containing sheep.
- The Council still has places vacant for two councillors.
[+ go back...]